12 from same village taken ill after consuming wild mushroom

person access_timeJuly 14 chat_bubble_outline0

Rukum West– A total of 12 people from same village -Chandannath Tol of Musikot Municiplaity-1- in Rukum West were taken ill after eating wild mushroom that turned out to be poisonous on Saturday.

Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) at the District Police Office, Rukum West, Sumit Khadka, shared those fallen ill due to consumption of mushroom collected from nearby jungle were Anju KC, 8, Anoj KC, 6, Ramesh KC, 12, Nabin KC, 15, Kalpana KC,17 and Chandra Kumari Giri, 54.

Likewise, Jamuna Giri, 24, Pushpanjali Giri, 25, Manisha Budha, 30, Devi Khanal, 60, Nawaraj Khanal 13 and Himali Khadka,16, were also taken ill after consuming the toxic mushroom.

All the sick persons have been receiving treatment at Sajha Hospital at Khalanga in Musikot municipality-1 in the district and their situation is learned to be normal. None lost their lives to toxic mushroom consumption since they were timely brought to health facility.

Police have urged one and all not to eat wild mushroom that are poisonous. Meanwhile, seven people in Jajarkot were also taken ill due to the consumption of poisonous mushroom.

They were Shanta Buda, 38, of Shilpachaur in Barkot rural municipality-1, Ratna Buda, 35, Om Prakash Buda, 23. Similarly, Dambar Bahadur Pun, 26, Shanti Pun, 22, Tak Bahadur Pun, 23, Tilak Bahadur Thapa, 47, also became sick.

They have been receiving treatment at the District Hospital at Jajarkot and are out of danger, according to Dr Amin Shah. Dr Shah has pleaded the locals here to not eat mushroom brought from jungle.

Comment

Leave a Comment

info_outline

Your Credentials are safe with us